Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Officer XC Race

So it was time to strap on a number plate again, the first time since the 3rd May. I rolled up to do the A grade race as I wanted to do 5 laps. Perhaps I should have started with B grade and just rolled around an extra lap. As within the first 100 meters I was hanging on as last wheel. I know with the quality of riders in the field that the pace would have been on at the front.

So once the pace settled I was 17th of 17 about 10 frustrating meters of the wheel in front of me. However I managed to finish the 1st lap 30 secs in front of James Williamson, ok so he had to stop to take half a metre of chicken wire from his rear wheel and cluster, but I will take it anyway I can. As you can see from the results the advantage did not last long.

These events are such a great way to get the race legs back. They are run well and if you like riding a MTB then you should get down and do one.




Lap 1 still feeling good even after being turned inside out by the "real" A graders.


Enjoying the support of the whole family


Finishing Lap 3, ok now its more than half over


Lap 4 and the kids are excited when I come through. Getting a big cheer each lap


And rolling up to the finish.


Me getting the low down on Jason's trouble with the Fauna with my little buddy just hanging with dad.

So after a solid hour and a half it was all over and a great warm up for the 6 hour.

Two interesting quotes from the day

When I asked Ashlyn (4 y.o) if she enjoyed the day she said yes but dad but you took a loooooong time on your last lap were you weak?!

Then after asking William (3 y.o) if he enjoyed the day he said yes dad but next time I want to get my spiderman bike and ride the tracks with you!

photos of the day

1 comment:

  1. This is old news now. Haven't you got a big race on this weekend??

    ReplyDelete