Thursday, February 25, 2010

Buffallo Day 1 ride 1

So as most of your slaved away at work I headed out to Bright early in the morning, left home at 6am for 2 days of riding. As it was midweek it was a solo mission as all my friends have jobs.



So today was going to be warm about 32 desgress but cool at the top of the mountain about 10-12 degrees, which meant I headed off like a pack horse with all the gear I would need as it got colder.





THe day was clear and the views stunning, being my first time up Buffallo I had no idea where I was going but figured the high rocky thing on my right would be it. The Buffallo climb is a gentle gradient and it never really gets steep just consistent. There are some large areas of huge rocks and rocky escarpments, including the summit.


My buddy was just as happy as I was to make it too the top.


I think that is Hotham on the right, the high point, that is 25 miles as the crow flies and that would be tommorrows target but there was work to be done before then



Just enjoying the top and the abseilers in the background having there fun.

I gave this climb an 8/10 the weather did make it enjoyable, the descent was a bit sketchy as they had re done the road and the top 8 or 9 kms had lost of small loose stones over it which you don't need at 50kmh heading into a bend. I will definetley do Buffallo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment