Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mondays Philosophies

The gradual destruction of planet Earth is because I use its resources and disturb its systems. Forests are disappearing because I use paper, houses and farmland. Fisheries are depleted because I eat fish. The atmosphere is deteriorating because I use cars, planes, fridges, air conditioning and foam cups. Fresh water supplies are diminishing because I use buy products from industries that pump wastes into streams; I use sewerage systems that are yet to be made environmentally friendly. Plants and animals are dying because I disturb their ecosystems. Don't think it is someone else's problem. Living in Australia, living in a developed country, I contribute to global degradation more than I realise. It's up to me to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment