Monday, May 25, 2009

More time on the bike

So after a few quiet weeks on the bike post a small injury concern. It was time to ramp up the training again. So Tuesday saw me do the commute home on the MTB. This is a solid 3 hour ride , which by the end of I was glad to be home as I was well and truly toasted. However the next day I woke up with a crook back which saw me off the bike till Saturday.

Saturday was on the road bike down to Warragul. This is a 110km with about 1800mts of climbing. It is a good ride from Yarra Junction towards mt Baw Baw and Noojee. The climb from Powelltown while short is in a lush forest with plenty of large ferns. Great spot to ride, with minimal traffic. The weather was great no wind and the sun was on me when the angle of the surrounding mountains was right. No arm warmers required.

As I come up to Neerim Junction there is a sign that says 35km to Warragul, I have never believed it is that far, and glad that its not as I was well and truly in the box. My speedo says its 30, so I will remember that for next time. 4 hours on the road bike is tough and when riding by yourself to a destination seems even longer, so was glad to get that one done.

The week looks busy and not much bike time, but the weekend is looking fine and I am planning on doing 2 big rides on the weekend. Got to get some miles into the legs before the XC race at officer in 3 weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment