Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Yarra Trails

So it was another “commute” home from work along the Yarra Trails. I am really enjoying this ride at the moment it is fast and flowing and generally a fairly clear trail. Tuesday night was the perfect weather for riding, not too hot and the yarra trails were protected enough from the wind. The Yarra trails are for the most part in great condition considering the amount of traffic they have on them. This section in Viewbank is great.




Last night there were a few other users out on the trails. A few runners plenty of kayakers in the river and when I got to Hans' loop in Templestowe ( East of Fitzsimmons Lane) there were heaps of MTB’s.


If you have never ridden this loop do yourself a favour and get out there. This is (photo below) from the top of the switchback climb. As I was riding there was a bunch of about 20 riders all in single file dotted amongst the twisting track. When I saw them they were about 20 meters away from me but about 300 meters ahead of me on the track. Sorry no photo, I had to chase them down ;)
My ride time was 30 minutes faster than last time in the heat wave. All training is going well as the Odessey awaits.


So after my four days away in Queensland which was great and a rest the body certainly needed, I have been cranking out a few road miles and the body is responding to the base I have done this year and also the rest.



2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your riding conditions, that looks like a fun commute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is and its great to have such good trails so close to the city, that extend out to the suburbs

    ReplyDelete