Monday, March 8, 2010

Dinner Plain

So the road to Dinner Plain drops about 300 meters in elevation from Hotham but the road rolls up and down a bit over the 12 kms.


So my timings were starting to tighten and I realised that dropping all the way to Omeo would be a long slog and would be more like 170kms than 150 so as I flew past many of these signs





I pulled the brakes on at Cobungra, which was about 20kms down from Dinner Plain, this left me with 30kms to climb back up to Hotham and then the 30kms of downhill on the other side, and lunch. I knew I was getting tired as I was thinking about lunch alot and I could not eat another Recovery bar, normally the mint does the job but not now.

Cattle grazing at 1400 mts, reminds me of a movie I saw as a little tacker.



Almost done 12kms of work left and then some downhill to enjoy.


Looking back to Dinner Plain as I arrived back at Hotham.


The view to Mt Feathertop the highest peak in Victoria.

So now for 30kms of downhill which I knocked off in about 40mins. Saw a few riders at the base starting their day and was glad mine was over.

Got back to the car and had a lie down in the Ovens river which was cold but really refreshed me up for the drive home.

The day was 120kms with 2600mts of vertical, to make the two day total 232kms with 5300mts of vertical.

It was a fantastic experience and one that I will definitely repeat as the riding is just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment