Sunday, January 18, 2009

Climbs and more Climbs

So since last weekend and the riding up Donna Buang I had a quiet week on the bike with only a couple of rides commuting to and from work, which is 55kms each way.

This was a good thing as I went out on Sat morning with John, Bellie, , Jas from EPIX and Ben Randall on a ride through the Dandenongs. So at 4.45am Jas and I set off from home to meet the guys at the Ringwood clock tower.

It was a cool morning but perfect weather for a ride, just that it was dark. So we headed out to the Dandenongs were we spent the next few hours going up and down what it seemed was every climb on the entire mountain range. I have ridden the Dandenongs many times but really have only done a couple of loops so I was introduced to many new sections of road and new climbs which was great.

The pace was on for the whole ride so I was pleased that I was still riding strong at the end after 120kms. Whilst I dropped off the pace slightly on the last couple of climbs I was only marginally behind. It shows that the rest I had at the start of December and the kms I have put in since (plus the bike) are paying dividends.

All is on track for a good day at the Otway Odyssey.

No comments:

Post a Comment