Saturday, January 17, 2009

Donna Buang with Rob and Wendy

So with an ascension of Donna Buang on Thursday, I thought Friday was enough rest and Saturday morning (Jan 10th) we decided that before it gets too hot we would tackle Donna Buang and then we could enjoy the rest of the day.

Introducing Rob

No he's not flexing his biceps he has a broken collarbone.


What we will do and put ourselves through for a sporting fix. I just wish I had a photo of Rob descending at 60kmph one handed, but I couldn't let go of the handlebars ;)

So as we all rode up at a nice steady tempo. We had about half a dozen people go past as we cruised along, including a singlespeeder, what some people will do for fun :) .

I am getting good at the one handed behind you photo. I must have had good teachers.

At the turnaround point which is 7kms into the climb I put the big ones in to see how many I could catch. After a steady start I certainly had the legs on the second half of the climb, and even the last km which is normally a killer I was seated and powering along and oh I just caught the singlespeeder about 100mts from the top.

The views are always worth it from the top of the tower.

Now it was just the descent. I pressed lap on the HRM to see what my average speed down the mountain was, 58.3. If you have never ridden Donna Buang its worth the effort just for the descent its fast and flowing. And kudos to the guy riding up the climb who had a bike kid carrier attached to his bike and a 5 year old in the back.

So another adventure was completed, now we just had to ride the Warburton trail with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment