Saturday, January 17, 2009

Home To Warburton via Donna Buang

So last week it was off to Warburton for the weekend. Kezz and the kids had been there since Tuesday so rather than have two cars I thought I should ride there.

So it was straight home from work on Thursday and on the bike almost like a packhorse but not quite, unfortunately no room for the camera, so my words will have to do.

The ride from home in Ringwood North to Healsville was a fast one averaged 32kmph. That was all eroded away as I turned left up Don road and straight into a headwind Joy!!. I had come down from Donna Buang into Healsville but never gone up it. Well with the 23 on the back it got steep and I struggled to push the big gear, but I got higher on the mountain in flattened out somewhat.

The views out over the ranges to the north are spectacular and are worth doing the ride from this side for if you ever get the chance. There is a great view just before the road goes dusty, which only lasts for about 5kms.

So just over 3 hours after leaving I arrived. Now it was time to play with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment